Canton Summer Softball League
The following rules are for the Canton Little League Summer Softball Soth Shore Division. These were reviewed and agreed on by various members of the CLL board of directors. Our goal is to teach the rules of softball that are used at the 10U, 12U, 14U and 18U levels in order to form a strong base that can be built upon in future play including high school and beyound. The summer program is the strongest competition of all the seasons thus requires a higher level of dedication. The focus is to build on the girls current skill level to help them and the program grow. Player are expected to attend all games and practices, it is understood that player may miss some games or practices due to vacation.
Tryouts will be heald in early May and teams will be formed based on the number of girls registered in each age group. All girls must register on line to try out, our goal is to place everyone who registers on a team, however this cannot be guaranteed. Registration opens the first week of April.
Summer South Shore League
Summer Season Rules:
- League is comprised of teams from the surrounding area at the skill level of the Canton program.
- Summer season runs from late June until the end of July.
- Teams will include 10U, 12U, 14U and 18U based on participation at each age level.
- Games will be Monday through Thursday based on age level.
- Games are 6 innings.
- No new inning after 1 hour and 30 minutes and games must end after 2 hours of play.